Gulfport,MS 2012

Monday, August 16, 2010

Back To School!!

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
This year my daughter went off to middle school and my sons started their 7th grade year. It seems like time is just passing by so fast. It seems like only yesterday they were all just in kindergarten or pre-k. I know most parents can’t seem to wait until summer is over and the kids are back in school, but I am the opposite. I love having my kids at home. I love the sounds of summer, the sounds of sibling rivalry, and the sounds of my own voice “ministering strongly” to them. LOL. Every year when I take them to school, I always shed a few tears…STILL. I thought in the beginning it was just something that I would grow out of as they got older, but the older they get the harder it is to see them go.


I enjoyed watching them grow and mature over the summer into wonderful, loving young people. This year, I just felt compelled to encourage them with a letter instead of just the usually weekly scripture, I wanted them to know how so in love we are with them and to encourage them to be their best :

Dear Taylor, Tyler and Alonis,
We just want you all to know that, this summer, like all other summers with you were amazing. We’ve enjoyed watching you play, laugh, love, argue, pray, worship, eat, and just all out live these last few months. We loved seeing the growth that has taken place right before our eyes both physically and spiritually in your lives.
This year like every other school year will come with its own challenges, but we want you to remember a few things:
1. You are an overcomer… challenges will arise but you have the power to overcome!
2. You don’t have to conform, YOU are the salt of the earth, and YOU are difference makers!!
3. Speak life over yourselves, over your teachers, and over your peers!!
4. Treat others like you would like to be treated!
5. Be respectful to those who have authority over you
6. We love you and we will always love you no matter what, we are here for you so don’t be afraid to come and talk to us about ANYTHING!


“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Love Always- Mom and Dad































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails