Gulfport,MS 2012

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Hydrangea Wreath Tutorial

I'm not really into decorating my house for the different holiday seasons (fall, Christmas etc). It's not that I dont want to but, because we're a military family and we move around so much, I just think it woul sort ofd be a lot of extra stuff to truck around from place to place. Things also get broken and depending on the new place, I may or may not have the space to keep all of my decorations. So I just kind of dont get into the whole thing, but this year, I'm sort of feeling the bug!! I see all the decorations on different blogs and in the stores and I'm feeling a bit inspired. I looked on Pinterest for some fall ideas and I saw this wreath someone pinned by Twoinspireyou, her etsy shop can be found here : 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/104077670/autumn-wreaths-fall-wreath-fall-decor

This is the one that was pinned on Pinterest

 The seller is selling them for a pretty penny and I wasn't prepared to pay so I decided to try and recreate it myself, the directions are below:

Materials:    Flowers ( I got mine for 50% off at Micheals , they are Hydrangeas)
                      Hot Glue Gun
                      Wire Cutters  
                      Wreath ( I used a grapevine wreath from Micheals it was $4.99)
                      Ribbon (for hanging)
                      Wreath Hanger ( or command strip hooks)
                      (* the number of flowers you need, depend on how big your wreath is, kind of
                           play around with them in the store. I used 9 for my project 3 of each color)

Directions:

1.  Use wire cutters to remove the flowers from the stem all flowers. Leave about an inch or so on the flower so you can anchor it in the wreath. The leaves pull right off..easy peasy.


 2. Play around with the arrangement, buy sticking the flowers in the wreath, to kind of see where how you want to your wreath to look. Then once you have come up with the design go back and use your hot glue gun to glue the flowers in place.




3. Once the flowers are in place you can stop there or go a step further and your leaves in to the final look below. Once your leaves are in place, you can add your ribbon and voila , your done.



Here is mine already hanging on my door, its sooooo easy.  I plan on making another one for Christmas using red instead of brown. I originally wanted to use the pumpkin orange colored hydrangeas for this project but my store only had one left, so I was out of luck.



 So let me know if you guys decide to try your hand a wreath making. I hope to do many more projects as well. I may record myself making the next one, for those who need a more detailed tutorial.  Also are any of you decorating for the fall?? If so I would love to see pics, as well as pics from this project if you decide to make one.

The cost for this project was around $30 dollars, a lot cheaper than the ones on Etsy. Make sure tho, that you get the flowers when they are on sale!!!

Be Blessed

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kesha ~ Thank you for your sweet comments...I use the link here for my photos. It is free and easy to follow. Blessings, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on this wreath, very beautiful!! Also very detailed directions. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails